Imagine living in a country that’s an exciting mix between luxurious city life and barren lands of the desert that’s waiting to be explored. This is what you get when you experience coliving in Qatar, a country situated in Western Asia.
Qatar is a desert country bordering Saudi Arabia but don’t let this fool you. Their cityscapes are as abundant as their sand dunes. In fact, 99% of those who live in Qatar can be found in the city and most of them are rich and live in luxury.
Since half of the country is a desert, destinations include ancient fortresses, mosques, and towers that reflect the country’s heritage. If you want to know more about their culture, they also have a wide range of museums you can visit.
However, if you want an ultimate Qatar adventure, you should definitely go to the Desert Safari. Multiple tour operators allow you to ride camels and go sand dune racing using a four-wheel vehicle!
One thing you should definitely witness in Qatar? They have camel races. But these aren’t just regular camels—they’re robotic ones that can be controlled using a remote! The first official robotic camel race happened in 2005 and they’ve been doing it ever since.
Quick facts about Qatar:
- Men outnumber women by 3:1
- Qatar is the richest country in the world because of its rich mineral resources (oil and natural gas)
- The language they use is Arabic
- Dress modestly and be mindful of the cultural aspects and guidelines regarding drinking, socializing and dressing modestly
- Qatar’s capital is Doha
- The country can be found on a peninsula in the Persian Gulf
- Qatar is also considered as one of the safest countries in the world
- They have artificial islands shaped like a string of pearls
- They have robot camel races in Qatar!
With once-in-a-lifetime desert experiences, and a thriving coworking and coliving scene, Qatar is the best destination for intrepid digital nomads. World-class establishments and dining experiences, along with culture-filled hotspots await you when you visit.