Chicago is a great destination for digital nomads, with great options for both coliving. Not only do many entrepreneurs and remote workers pass through for conferences and events in the city, but a large number of digital nomads choose to
stay in Chicago for long-term stays too. With trendy neighborhoods bursting with character, plenty of local attractions for a spot of sightseeing, and some of the best coffee shops in the States, it’s not hard to see why many remote workers choose to set up base in Chicago.
Chicago has a thriving nightlife and great cultural offerings from museums to art galleries, theaters and more. There’s an impressive culinary scene too, where you can get everything from the classic Chicago pizza or hot dog to dinner at a Michelin-starred
restaurant without breaking the bank. You’ll discover a growing community of digital nomads and creatives living in the iconic neighborhoods of Chicago, especially around the West Side, from West Loop to Logan Square.
Here are some interesting facts you might not know about Chicago:
- The name ‘Chicago’ comes from the Native American word for wild leek, shikaakwa.
- Chicago was designated as a city in 1837.
- Chicago is also known as ‘The City That Works’ or ‘The Windy City’.
- Home to 2.7 million people, Chicago is, in fact, the third largest city in the US by population size.
- Chicago underwent a huge regeneration after the Great Chicago Fire in 1871.
- Chicago lays claim to 56 different museums, 125 art galleries and more than 200 spots to catch some live music – you’ll never be bored!
- Chicago became home to the world’s very first skyscraper in 1885 – the Home Insurance Company.
- Chicago has a wide range of culinary options available, with over 5,000 restaurants in the city.
- There are lots of opportunities for fresh air, with 580 parks, 26 beaches, and a grand total of 8,100 acres of green space.
- Did you know that the atom was split for the first time in the football stands at the University of Chicago?
- Harrison Ford, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler all grew up in Chicago.
Chicago is an ideal location for digital nomads and remote workers, with a large number of coliving spaces, historic locations, and efficient transport links.
What is coliving?
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Chicago for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Chicago is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Why book coliving in Chicago?
Looking for a room for rent in Chicago? Look no further! Coliving.com offers quality, trusted coliving spaces in Chicago with all the amenities you need - and we offer them all at an affordable price. Finding the perfect coliving space in Chicago is easy and convenient. New residents can explore a variety of rooms online and apply for a spot that fits their needs. All coliving spaces in Chicago include furniture and amenities in the same bill.
How it works
3 simple steps
Applying is easy. Once you've found the perfect room, click "Reserve" and provide some background information - all within 5 minutes.
2. Get approved
We carefully look at your application and your profile to determine if you match our community. You may be asked follow-up questions.
3. Move in and enjoy
Once your booking is confirmed, pack your bag and begin your next coliving journey. A great community in your new home is awaiting you.
Coliving.com is the #1 discovery and booking platform for coliving homes worldwide.